Thanks to series like Project Runway and Netflix’s Next in Fashion, there are more avenues than ever for new fashion designers to get their start and launch a fashion line. But with social media, this jump-start has become more of a rocket launch with massive growth seen thanks to the promotion and partnerships of influencers!
While our regular lists are typically on specific influencers, we wanted to give you a peek into some brands that are actually benefiting from influencer marketing. We found these rising stars in fashion design whose social media are blossoming with the help of influencers.
1. Robert Wun (@robertwun)
- London-based fashion designer Robert Wun’s platforms are all growing at a steady rate, with his Instagram at the highest growth rate of 11%. Wun has an incredible engagement rate compared to his benchmarks (seen in screenshot) and has over 1K individual mentions on Instagram and Facebook.
2. Dion Lee (@dionlee)
- Established in 2009, Dion Lee’s eponymous fashion label has been pushing boundaries and growing its brand presence ever since. The fashion designer has dressed Zendaya and worked with 14 influencers since October 2020, likely contributing to their almost 6% growth rate.
3. Rachel Comey (@rachelcomey)
- Fashion designer and label with stores in NY and LA, Rachel Comey has made a name for herself in the past couple of years- first with a product line at Target, and currently with the help of influencer marketing! With over 30 sponsored influencer mentions found about Comey on our platform, these posts have helped her reach as high as 750K impressions.
4. Apiece Apart (@apieceapart)
- Founded by Starr Hout & Laura Cramer, Apiece Apart’s sustainable and ethically sourced clothing has made its way into Madewell and on over 2.5k social media posts. With only 6 of these mentions being sponsored, the brand has only begun to dip its toes into influencer marketing. With a reach of over 280k on their most recent sponsored mentions, their strategy so far is working!
5. Peter Do (@the.peterdo)
- With his first New York Fashion Week this year, Peter Do has already amassed an impressive social media following on Instagram. A growth rate of almost 10% has likely been contributed to by the brand’s influencer partnerships which have reached over 800k users.
6. Ahluwalia (@ahluwalia)
- Designed by Priya Ahluwalia, Ahluwalia has a 5% growth rate and steady engagement rate of 1.7%. With 3.6k individual mentions, the brand has 33 sponsored mentions with some reaching engagement rates as high as 7% and reach as high as 436k.
7. Chopova Lowena (@chopovalowena)
- London-based designer and fashion line, Chopova Lowena specializes in crafting clothing from recycled fabric and deadstock materials while utilizing traditional crafting techniques. 570 mentions feature only 4 sponsored posts, but with non-sponsored posts reaching as high as 1.3M users, the brand has many influencers contributing to their earned media.
8. Kyle Luu (@kyleluu)
- Well-known for their designs dressing Solange Knowles, Kyle Luu’s funky designs have been featured in the musician’s work on multiple occasions and were worn at the Met Gala. Luu has two sponsored mentions on Instagram and 1.7k unsponsored mentions with a reach as high as 3.5M.
9. Daniel W. Fletcher (@danielwfletcher)
- At 379k followers on Instagram, Daniel W. Fletcher’s eponymous brand has experienced steady growth over the past two years, and 1K brand mentions from individuals. These mentions have reached as many as 5M users.
10. Minju Kim (@minjukim)
- Winner of Netflix’s Next in Fashion 2020, Minju Kim is a South Korean fashion designer who has dressed celebrities Alexa Chung and Tan France among others. Kim has had a stark jump in growth since January 2020, and kept that growth steady ever since.
11. Thebe Magugu (@thebemagugu)
- Based in South Africa, Thebe Magugu has partnered with 15 influencers over the last two years including CGI/digital influencer Noonoouri. Magugu has a growth rate of 11.89% over the past 90 days and has an impressive engagement rate as high as 11% on Instagram videos.
12. Brandon Blackwood (@brandonblackwoodnyc)
- New-York based designer Brandon Blackwell’s fashion line has experienced major growth since launching in 2015. Featuring luxury handbags, Blackwood has partnered with musician Kali Uchis on influencer partnerships but most notably was featured in partnership with McDonald’s on their recent Saweetie meal. His steady growth rates on all platforms show no signs of slowing especially with celebrity and mega-influencer partnerships.
13. Kika Vargas (@kikavargas_)
- At nearly 70k followers, Kika Vargas’s fashion line after her namesake has been growing at a rate of 10% in the last 90 days. Vargas’ line, based in Colombia, was named a LVMH Prize 2021 finalist. With 914 individual mentions, the brand has reached over 3M viewers in some of these posts.
14. Petar Petrov (@petarpetrovofficial)
- Ready-to-wear designs from Vienna, Petar Petrov’s fashion line has over 800 individual mentions from various social media users. These mentions have likely contributed to Petrov’s steady 5% growth rate.
15. Mowalola Ogunlesi (@mowalola)
- Mowalola Ogunlesi is the designer behind Mowalola, a London-based fashion line featuring unique clothing with experimental touches. Ogunlesi has been worn and mentioned by Naomi Campbell, Dua Lipa, and other high-profile celebrities. The brand also has a carousel engagement rate of 10%.
16. Jonathan Simkhai (@jonathansimkhai)
- Founded in 2010, over 10 years of brand growth shows on Jonathan Simkhai’s social media. Simkhai’s eponymous fashion line has 73 sponsored mentions from influencers and celebrities including Kate Upton, Victoria Justice, and Lori Harvey.
17. Angel Chen (@angelchenstudio)
- Angel Chen’s namesake line has been donned by fashion influencers and celebrities as well as participated in collaborations with Addidas. Chen’s London-based brand is seeing steady growth towards 200k.
18. Rosie Assoulin (@rosie_assoulin)
- New York designer Rosie Assoulin has grown by 5% in the last 90 days, reaching almost 350k followers. Assoulin’s brand has partnered with nearly 24 fashion influencers with engagement rates averaging at the 4.5%.