Gratitude, balance, mental health, meditation, therapy… it may surprise you to learn that one of the most engaged-with categories on social media is 'Mindfulness.’
At its best, social media shines a light on issues and resources that help viewers live a better off-line life. In this fast-paced digital era, accounts that address the mental and emotional journies of their followers are seeing a hugely positive response, not just online but in real life as well. Many mindfulness and meditation experts are turning towards social media to reach bigger audiences, ultimately partnering with health brands and ‘becoming’ influencers.
In a world where many seek solace from "mindless scrolling,” mindfulness influencers are garnering incredibly loyal audiences of highly-engaged followers. These mindfulness-based creators have achieved lucrative book deals, sold-out events, popular membership programs, and of course, successful brand partnerships.
1. Lalah Delia (@lalahdelia)
- Featuring a growth spurt of over 70% since July 2021, Delia’s platform has more than doubled the engagement of Instagram’s benchmark. Delia’s mental health and spirituality resources are substantial as a spiritual writer, wellness educator, certified spiritual practitioner, and author. Delia’s features sponsored mentions from Girlboss, Athleta, and Cadillac.
2. Devi Brown (@devibrown)
- Devi Brown is a master well-being educator, host of podcast Dropping Gems, and the founder of Karma Bliss. Among all of this, Brown has also partnered with Old Navy, Clorox, and BMW on her Instagram.
3. Sharon Salzberg (@sharonsalzberg)
- With 11 books, a podcast, and a multitude of guest appearances on other podcasts, it’s a wonder Salzberg also has time to devote to teaching others meditation through free webinars. Salzburg has had an 8% increase in her following over the last 90 days, and her work is featured on social media by mega-influencers and celebrities.
4. Latham Thomas (@glowmaven)
- Featured on Oprah’s Super Soul 100 list, Thomas encourages embracing optimal wellness and spiritual growth as a pathway to empowerment. Also the owner of Mama Glow and author of “Own Your Glow,” Thomas’ has nearly 90 sponsored posts on her platform, which has also had a high influx of followers since June 2021.
5. Katie Abey (@katieabey)
- Katie Abey is an artist who encourages open mental health discourse through her drawings. Abey’s art has grown her platform to nearly 60k with a steady positive growth rate. Through her artwork, Abey has partnered with Happy Socks, Etsy, and The Happy Project.
6. Davidji (@davidjimeditation)
- Stress-management expert, author, and meditation teacher, Davidji has a steadily increasing Instagram and Youtube following. His Youtube featuring lengthy guided meditations alongside emotional intelligence and happiness tips, Davidji has grown to a following of over 25k on the platform.
7. Susan Piver (@susan.piver)
- Susan Piver is a Buddhist meditation teacher and founder of the Open Heart Project, a fully online mindfulness meditation center. Piver is also a 9-time NYT bestseller and regularly offers meditation workshops on her platform. With regular features on mindfulness podcasts and collaborations with other creators in her space, Piver has steadily built her community of over 11k.
8. Lauren Ash (@hellolaurenash)
- Wellness visionary, Ash is the founder of @blackgirlinom, the host of Black Girl in Om podcast, and a teacher of yoga, meditation, and Spirit-led living. Ash has over 50 sponsored mentions on her Instagram from American Express, COS fashion, and a variety of other brands.
9. Gabrielle Bernstein (@gabbybernstein)
1New York Times bestselling author of eight books, Bernstein’s expertise in spirituality and meditation has led to other outlets, including online classes and even an app. Bernstein has sponsored partnerships with LuluLemon, Healthline, and multiple other brands on her Instagram, her profile recently growing to an audience of over 1M.
10. Amanda Gilbert Meditation (@amandagilbertmeditation)
- Meditation teacher and an actual Professor of Mindfulness, Amanda Gilbert’s offerings of home meditation and book resources for her followers have helped her account grow to 8k. Gilbert’s micro-influencer presence has increased by over 5% in the last 90 days, and she has collaborated with Evenflow meditation app, FitOn, and other health companies.
11. Ambi Kavanagh (@alchemyambi)
- Author and podcast host Kavanagh is the founder of two companies specializing in sound baths and sound bath candles. Kavanagh’s knowledge of alchemy has been featured in Vogue, Well + Good, and The Hollywood Reporter. Between these features and sponsored partnerships with Feeding America, Spiritual Gangster, and Equinox, Kavanagh’s platform has a steady engagement at and above the Instagram benchmark, depending on the content type.
12. Vishen Lakhiani (@vishen)
- Founder of @mindvalley, Lakhiani is an entrepreneur, activist, and author devoted to raising human consciousness. He’s partnered with a variety of brands, including Mind Valley, for social media collaboration.
13. Erika Polsinelli (@inkale.exkale)
- Erika Polsinelli’s brand and community Evolve has helped her followers explore mindfulness and meditation through Kundalini breathwork. Partnerships with Lululemon, the GFB, and Cure Hydration have all been featured on her Instagram. With a steady engagement rate of 2.4%, Polsinelli’s collaborations drive high ROI.
14. Gala Darling (@galadarling)
- Focused on EFT Tapping and Manifestation, Gala Darling’s work has been featured in Vogue, Forbes, Oprah, and NYT, among other publications. Darling’s platform has a steady growth rate thanks to her podcast, books, and various classes on manifestation and meditation. Found on almost all platforms, Gala’s Youtube specifically sees anywhere from 1.3k-3k on her videos.
15. Alexandra Elle (@alex_elle)
- Author of “After The Rain,” among other books, Elle is a wellness consultant focused on building self-care practices through literature and language. Elle offers self-care writing and meditation courses focused on mindfulness through writing. Her Instagram features over 30 sponsored posts from various brands, including Bank of America, Larabar, and Google.
16. Marzi Wilson (@introvertdoodles)
- Marzi Wilson is the artist and author behind the Instagram account “Introvert Doodles,” where her visual representations of mental health and mindfulness have made their way in published books. Wilson has an engagement rate of 3% and has partnered with BetterHelp, Mental Health America, Healthline, and FabFitFun.